Hundreds of our employees are veterans.
As veterans transition to working at General Mills, we have benefits, policies and resources to support them.
This is our affinity network for veterans. Its mission is to strengthen our company and community by harnessing and retaining the unique skills and experiences of veterans.
The network has three pillars:
- Recruiting and retention
As part of the service pillar, we partnered with American Corporate Partners to offer and sponsor a mentoring program that helps U.S. veterans and their families transition to civilian life.
By doing what is right for our veterans, we’ve created an inclusive workplace where they can thrive. We are honored that our efforts have been recognized:
- 2016: By the Military Friendly organization as a Military Friendly Employer.
- 2013: By G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers.
- 2012: By Yellow Ribbon Company Designation.
- 2011: By the U.S. Department of Defense with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve award for commitment to employees who serve in the military.
- 2010: For support of military veterans with a “Patriot Award” from National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard.